About the conference
2020 has prompted a dramatic need to reconceive and redesign all aspects of how modern workspaces look, feel and operate in order to enhance productivity and wellness in the accelerated transition to future hybrid working communities.
Or… will we all revert to a “new normal” that looks very similar to the old normal but with a little more space, fewer door handles, more greenery, hand sanitisers and videoconferencing suites?
As the majority of workforces return to their office environments throughout 2021, the Work Design Summit at WORKSPACE will cut through knee-jerk assumptions, hyperbole and ungrounded futurism to provide three invaluable days of real-world case-studies and research-based insight and direction.
The Format & Venue
The Work Design Summit will take centre stage on each afternoon of WORKSPACE, Monday the 31st of May, Tuesday the 1st and Wednesday the 2nd of June at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
In its first live gathering in over a year, the community has a lot to catch up on, learn and discuss with each other. Five distinct presentation / discussion sessions will be staged each day, featuring prominent designers, blue-chip corporate end-users, real estate developers and analysts, FM experts, technologists and psychologists.
These leading thinkers, practitioners and solution providers will be welcoming interaction and discussion with the audience as they detail what they’ve learned, what they predict will alter about how we design and use offices, and which solutions can deliver results in this newly disrupted, exciting market.
Work Design Summit Speakers
- Analysing emerging office occupancy and usage trends in the GCC
- Back to cubicles? Enhancing collaboration under new spatial planning and layout design requirements
- How office design affects behaviour: Understanding personal space, territoriality and psychological proximity
- Designing fluent, consistent bridges between office and remote working environments
- Sensory design for wellness and productivity: Colour, lighting, touch and acoustics
- Material evolution: Features, applications and benefits in the post-pandemic workplace
- Sustainability protocols and insights to help promote performance and wellbeing
- New technology in workplace design to enable touchless transactions, visitor access and environmental control
- Emerging technologies to help plan and (re)design the office: VR, Building Information Modelling…
- Design techniques for mapping and manipulating how workers use their space
- Facilities Management to promote employee wellbeing and happiness in the workplace
- Effective workplace redesign and refurbishment project strategies, timescales and costs